Frequently Asked Questions
Let us know if we’ve missed something! If you have any questions that we haven’t covered, we want to answer them and add them to this page, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. In no particular order:
see CSS code in customization. Accordion toggle fix.
There are no guarantees that the salt in the water will not strip some of the color from your hair. Typically, it’s best to wait 48 hours after dying hair before floating. Check that the water running through your hair in the shower at home is coming out fully clear. If some color is still coming out on your towels and clothing, it’s best to wait a few more days or showers. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, sulfates are not recommended after keratin hair treatments. You should also wait to float if you have recently (in the past 48 hours) had a spray tan or used self tanner.
John C. Lilly. Read more about this exceptional tool on our About Floating page.
Side effects may include but are not limited to:
- Thoughtful consideration of your place in the world and your connection with others
- Feelings of peace, tranquility and rejuvenation
- Silky Smooth Skin
- Renewed motivation and creativity
Nope, but there are some extra rules if you’re under 18. Anyone under 18 will need a parent or guardian to visit the store with them in order to review and sign the waiver.
- 12 and under: A parent must stay on site (in the lounge and not in another float tank) for the duration of the first float; this rule is at the discretion of the facilitator thereafter.
- 13-15: A parent must be on site (in another float tank is fine) for the first visit, and can drop off at future visits.
- 16 and up: A parent needs to sign the waiver at or before the first visit, but is not required to stay during the float.
Yes, while we do accept walk-ins, the timing rarely works out. Our float system are all of the same schedule and floats start every even hour from 6am-10pm (last float starts at 8pm). You can see our schedule online and book your appointment or give us a call and we’ll book it for you! 207.400.5187